Monday, November 19, 2007

thank-you very much

i'm feeling positively saturated with blessings today. the sale went wonderfully on saturday, with so many lovely people coming out to support me, to shop and show how much they care.

i gathered some much needed hugs. it's amazing how healing hugs are to the spirit. studies show also to the body...but it's so easy to forget that.

so, a huge thank-you to nimisha, jenni & her sister & friend, lisa & kiran, antoinette, martha & her mom, kirsten & morgan, dave & miranda...(forgive me if there is anyone else i know came and i forgot to mention here) i am deeply touched you came out to buy jewelry and help pull me away from the water in this financial tug-of-war game.

your weight on the end of that rope makes such a difference!

and thank-you also, so much for your sensitivity, for not asking me about the turnip, for allowing me to just stay in the happy moment of the sale...that alone was such a gift. a day where for long moments, i was so happily occupied, i forgot about the tumor. at the end of the day, my feet were very tired and sore, but my spirit was lighter and refreshed.

despite how scary and vulnerable it often feels to put this turnip blog out into the world, it's the best thing i could have done right now. for blogging has renewed my faith in humanity. the depth of compassion and caring out there and what people are willing to do for strangers, is amazing and humbling. the universe is taking care of me, through you all. your comments on this blog, the thoughts and prayers you send my way, the precious donations to my medical bills, the private emails offering emotional support...all that is proof that the universe is on my side.

thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."
-Mahatma Gandhi

salmonpoetry said...

you are such an inspiration Tay, it feels good to support you!
I will be away this week and perhaps without internet access, so happy thanksgiving to you.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

The blog world is an amazing amazing place, and has renewed my faith in humanity, too. How blessed we are to have it.

You are not alone. People are watching and waiting to catch you if you fall.